Places to Visit in Udaipur

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Meenakshi, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Meenakshi

Meenakshi New Member

I am currently in Jaipur and have another three days here. I was due to be back in Agra, but there is no a change of plan, and we will head off to Udaipur, as we would love to see that famous hotel in the middle of the lake, the name is not coming to mind at the moment.
    While we will be in Udaipur, we would like to visit other places in the area. Which other places in Udaipur can we visit in Udaipur, which may be a bit different from Jaipur (like the forts)?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello @Meenakshi and welcome to the forum!

There are lots to see and do in Udaipur, that's for sure. But for me, some destinations there are worth visiting and not worth missing. So here they are:

• Lake Pichola. Consider a boat ride across this man-made, beautiful lake and visit the different islands around it as well.
    • City Palace. Located in the Eastern part of Lake Pichola, it's hard to miss this grand palace. It is a combination of three different architectural styles, Medieval, Chinese and European. Inside the complex are 11 more palaces worth visiting. Not only that, there are a number of different stores inside the complex as well.
    • Lake Palace. This is the famous hotel in the middle of the lake that you have mentioned. Unfortunately, the only way you can see the interiors of this luxury hotel is by being a guest. However, you can still marvel in its beauty and elegance from the outside if you take a boat ride from the City Palace to the Jag Mandir.
    • Jag Mandir. It is a three-storey structure with different areas like the Gul Mahal, Garden Courtyard and Zenana Mahal.
    • Bhartiya Lok Kala Museum. Perfect for history lovers as the museum features collections of different items during the Rajasthani period.
    • Bagore Ki Haveli. Take a peek through the lives of the Maharajas and Maharanis by visiting this place.
    • Shilpgram. A great place to know more about the cultures and traditions of India.
    • Vintage Classic Cars Museum. If you love vintage cars, then visit this place. It has the 1934 Rolls Royce Phantom which was used in a James Bond movie.
    • Udaipur Solar Observatory. Located at Fateh Sagar Lake, this offers a great atmosphere for solar observations.
    I hope this helps, enjoy your trip!