1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to visit near Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by AnanyaHH, Apr 5, 2017.

1. AnanyaHH

AnanyaHH New Member

I am currently in Mumbai, and my work here has been completed earlier than expected and my scheduled stay in Goa leaves me with some extra days.

I have everything planned for Goa, and I will already be in Goa for enough days and was wondering if there are any places to visit near Goa.

I don't really mind what kind of place it is but something different from Goa. I could always stay in Goa for longer, but I can not stay longer than five days in one location, especially when I know I have pretty much-seen everything that I need to.

2. Deven

Deven Member

There are a couple of places which are different from Goa that you can visit. To reach these places it would take some time a minimum of 2 hours.

Dandeli - 100km away from Goa. A place for nature lovers. You will find forests by the Kali river. You can do activities like trekking, mountain biking, canoeing, river rafting etc.

Amboli - Distance is 117km away from Goa. This is a hill station and in fact, the last one in Maharashtra before plain land starts.

Hampi - Hampi is 320km away from Goa, yes it is quite a distance but it is worth going. Hampi is also a UNESCO World Heritage Day.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Most tourist spots around Goa have one thing in common and they are the beaches. However the scene that you will see at Vengurla, Maharashtra - 110 km North of Goa - is that of mountains with several beaches to choose from.

Gokarna in Karnataka - 147 km from Goa could be your choice. There the beaches are different and you could also visit some temples of international repute. Gokarna is famous for its Yoga Centres. Gokarna is visited by many foreigners who find the place peaceful.
    It could be reached by train as well which takes about an hour.

Tarkarli Maharashtra, is yet another interesting place - 73 km from Goa - which can give you a backwaters of Karli river experience. There are also water sports to choose from

All these places can be reached by road and have conveniences for tourists' comfortable stay.

4. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Can you please advise me 2 days sight seeing in Goa, one day each in North and South Goa respectively? Thanks

5. Karan

Karan Member

As you will be short on time, is there anything that you are particularly interested in, so only the relevant information can be posted?

6. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

Thanks for your reply. I would be interested in broad tourist attractions of both South and North Goa.