1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Visit near Manali

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Yamini, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Yamini

Yamini New Member

My husband is taking us to Manali, where we have been before many years ago. I don't think the place has changed much and like before he will end up saying that we should have chosen another destination. I too believe that we should avoid going Manali, but we are going.

I know what will happen when we go there, he will say we should have chosen another destination, so I am preparing for that, by noting down other options for our holiday. I would like to know what places to visit near Manali, so we can quickly change the plans and have a good and enjoyable holiday.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's some places very near Manali that you can also visit:

Under 50 kms away from Manali

1. Manikaran. This is about 45 kms from Manali. This is a famous destination for Sikhs and Hindus because of the various temples found here. This place is also known for its springs but be careful, as the water from the springs is very hot. Attractions here are:
    • Sri Guru Nanak Devjiā€™s Gurudwara Hot Spring. There's also another hot spring near the Parvati River. Both these hot springs are believed to help people attain salvation once they drink the water from them. The water from these springs have also been extracted and proven to contain natural uranium and radioactive materials.
    • Lord Shiva's Temple. This is a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva that thousands of pilgrims visit every year. The Kullu Devtas are also believed to visit this temple every year.
    • Parvati River. A place for families and friends, it's a great spot for having a picnic.
    • Harinder Mountain. Its peak offers great views of the surrounding town.
    • Kulant Pith. This pith is believed to contain the purest form of water and just one drop of it can free anyone from all evil.
    • Lord Ramchandra Temple. This was built by Raja Jagat Singh in the 17th Century.
    2. Vashisht. This is just 3 kms away from Manali. This little village outside of Manali was named after Rishi Vashisht, one of the seven sages in Hinduism. Attractions here are:
    • Vashisht Temple. This temple is more than 4,000 years old already, making it one of the oldest temples in India. There's a black stone image of Rishi Vashisht in the temple as well.
    • Vashisht Hot Spring. It is believed that the hot spring can cure people of various diseases and skin infections.
    About 100 kms away from Manali

1. Kasol. This is about 75 kms away from Manali. A great place for newbie trekkers as this place offers routes that are for beginners in trekking. Attractions here are:
    • The Cafes. Cuisines here vary from Israeli, Italian, Chinese and of course, Indian. Try out these cafes: Stone Garden Cafe, Freedom Cafe and Shiva Shanti Cafe.
    • Malana Village. This village is believed to have been founded by Alexander the Great and his army. If you'd like to know more about the culture of the people, this is the best place to visit in Kasol.
    • Kheer Ganga Peak. This is quite an easy trek which anyone can do. At the top, there's a spring where you can take a little bath.
    2. Mandi. A bit further away from Manali at 108 kms is Mandi. There's about 81 temples to explore in the town as well. Attractions here are:
    • Rewalsar Lake. You'd see the statue of Guru Rinpoche overlooking the lake which is the second largest statue in Himachal Pradesh.
    • Lake of Khunt Bayo. This lake is associated with the Pandavas and many pilgrims deem this lake sacred.
    • Panchavaktra Temple. Showcasing Shikhara architetural style, this temple is dedicated to the Lord Shiva.
    • Tarna Temple. This one's dedicated to Shyama Kali which is an incarnation of Goddess Parvati. You'll find gold lined designs inside the temple.
    • Sunken Garden. This is about 500 years old already and major city events are done here.
    I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.