1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to visit near Pune for 1 day trip

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Raman Shalgani, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Raman Shalgani

Raman Shalgani New Member

This year I won't have time to go out somewhere with my family and what I can only manage is a one day trip.

I live in Pune and would like some suggestions to the places to visit near Pune for a 1-day trip.

I don't mind where the destination is as long as we can be back home by the end of the day, traveling at night is not an issue for me. We would most probably leave as early as 4 am, and when coming back, we can leave at dark from the destination. I had to clarify this as a one day trip for many means coming back before a certain time or before it gets dark.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi, Raman Shalgani.

There are plenty of places you can visit near Pune for one day, it would be a jam packed day but it is possible.

Here are the places you can visit near Pune for 1 day.

Lonavala - Lonavala is a very popular holiday destination and ideal if you want to go for one day as it is only 67km away from Pune. While in Lonavala you can also visit the following forts and caves:
    Rajmachi fort
    Kune Falls
    Duke's Nose
    Korigad Fort
    Tung Fort
    Tikona Fort
    Karla Caves
    Bhaja Caves
    Lohagad Fort

Khandala - Another popular weekend holiday destination just like Lonavala, and it is only 5km away from it.

Lavasa - At 60km away from Pune, Lavasa is a place full of natural beauty surrounded by hills. The destination provides many adventure activities as well as camping.

Rajgad Fort - This is around 54km away from Pune and it is one of the oldest hill forts in Maharashtra.

Bhuleshwar Temple - Bhuleshwar Temple is an ancient temple that is located in the hills and it is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is a beautiful site especially when you view the temple from a distance.

Junnar Caves - Junnar Caves are on of the popular tourist places near Pune and are ancient rock cut caves. Junnar Caves are 96km away from Pune.

Lohagad and Visapur - Lohagad and Visapur are two forts connected to each other in just a short walking distance. If you are someone who likes trekking then this is an ideal location to visit. It is 62km away from Pune.

Matheran - A popular place to visit for nature lovers Matheran which is 124km away from Pune. One of the plus points of this destination is that vehicles are banned there so there is no pollution.

Panchgani -Panchgani is located 100km away from Pune and is a hill station which should be visited at least once in your life.