1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Visit Near Shirdi

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by JaiswalM, Jun 24, 2016.

1. JaiswalM

JaiswalM New Member

I am going to Shirdi for Sai Baba darshan and will be spending at least one whole day there. I would like to see more and need to know the places to visit near Shirdi or within Shirdi.

Some details about the places to visit would be good.

Is it correct there is a gems museum in Shirdi as well?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of the must-see places in Shirdi (aside from the Sai Baba Darshan):

• Samadhi Mandir. It was constructed with the help of Sai devotee named Shreemant Gopalrao. It is made using white marble, it's a must-see destination in Shirdi.
    • Chavadi. It is said that when Sai Baba was living in the mosque, he'd go to the Chavadi every other night to sleep there. Fast forward to now, thousands of devotees visit this place every year. There's even a procession that happens here every Thursday.
    • Dwarkamai Masjid Mosque. This is where Sai Baba stayed for the 60 years of his life. The Shila and Dhuni were important parts of Sai Baba's life. The ashes from the Dhuni were even given to devotees during Sai Baba's life for the belief that it will ease them off their sufferings.
    • Shri Ganesha Temple, Shri Shani Temple and Shri Mahadeva Temple. Contains the idols of Lord Ganesha, Shani Dev and Lord Shiva.
    • Gurusthan. Under the sacred Neem Tree, the Gurusthan is where Sai Baba first appeared in the world. Devotees light an incense under the tree for the belief that it can cure them off of diseases.
    • Shri Khandoba Mandir. Dedicated to Khandoba, the deity of the town.
    • Maruti Mandir. Another temple that Sai Baba used to visit.
    • Upasani Maharaj Ashram. Upasani Maharaj is said to be a disciple of Sai Baba. The ashram contains the samadhi of Upasani along with one of his disciples.
    • Dixit Wada Museum. Features pictures of Sai Baba along with the items he used in his lifetime.
    • Jangli Maharaj Ashram. Features meditation classes.
    • Lendi Baug. A beautiful garden where Sai Baba used to spend some time to take care of the plants.
    • Wet 'N Joy Waterpark. The park features water slides, rides and even a kiddie zone. Perfect after you have visited all the shrines, temples and mosques in Shirdi.
    I hope this helps!

P.S.

Are you referring to the upcoming Gargoti Natural Museum in Shirdi? From what I've read, it isn't completed yet. The said year of completion would be 2019. It will be Asia's largest natural history museum. And it will be the world's largest private natural history museum. It will be spread over a nine-acre land property in Shirdi. There will be a dinosaur park, mineral gallery, shopping area, auditorium and more.

:)