1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To Visit With Old Aged Parents.

Discussion in 'South India' started by Sharath S, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

My father is around 85-year-old. We have been planning a trip but were unable to decide where to travel with him. I am looking for religious Hindu location to go along with him. Climate should be moderate and we cannot go through harsh weather. We need a comfortable and warm place to stay and spend some time at. Can anybody make a list of to go places with Elder people? It will also help other forum members. Thank You.

2. If you are looking for a pilgrimage place the best place will be Tirupati in Andhra Pradesh. It is massively popular place among Hindus and thousands throng the temple everyday to have a glimpse of Lord Balaji.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I don't know about particular temple recommendations but my absolute key for traveling with someone of that age would be minimizing stairs. I've found in other countries that a lot of temples and shrines I have been to have been very, very heavy on the stairs, which is fine for me in my 20's but still got me tired! So I think that would be paramount.

4. xTinx

xTinx Member

Since spirituality is something that elderly people value, then you may want to bring your parents to Shirdi where they can meditate, pray for blessings or offer thanksgiving. They can tour the caves and other scenic spots nearby. They can enjoy nature's beauty at Thekkady or visit the monastery at Darjeeling.