1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Property For Sale in Hill Stations India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by hardy09, Jun 10, 2016.

1. hardy09

hardy09 New Member

Hello, everyone.

I am interested in buying some property in the hills, obvious reasons better air, water and some peace and quiet. It would be good to get away from the busy lifestyle and polluted air in Delhi.

I need some help in finding out about property for sale in hill stations India. Some idea of the cost of a ready made house, the cost of land would give me an idea of what works out to be better.

I would also like some suggestions from members to which hill station is better to buy property in.

Thank you.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Purchasing properties in hill stations is definitely a good idea. Most expats who want to retire do so in such hill stations. The reasons you have stated follow through, there's better air, water and it's not as crowded as the big cities. For me, these are the best hill stations to buy properties in India:

• Mussoorie. Located in Uttarakhand, the place got its name from the shrubs in the area. It is a very green and lush area where the air is fresh and clean. You can even have nice views of the Himalayas from the city.
    • Coonoor. Situated in the Tamil Nadu, Coonoor is one hill station that is quaint but astonishing. What I love about this place is that it stays relatively cool whole year round.
    • Ooty. Situated in the capital of Nilgiris, Ooty is very near a the Botanical Garden and the lake. Lots of expats decide to retire in this place.
    • Kotagiri. Located in the Nilgiris as well, this place isn't as visited by tourists unlike Coonoor or Ooty. However, there's an abundance of plants, herbs, fruits and vegetables in the area. The weather is generally nice all year long as well.
    • Matheran. Located in Maharashtra, Matheran is an eco-friendly place. Cars aren't allowed here which adds to the freshness factor of its air.
    Prices vary but here's a few that I was able to find:
    • Acres for sale near Ooty and Coonoor: 3.62 acres - Rs 15 lakhs/acre
    • Acres for sale in Kotagiri: Starts at Rs 60 lakhs/acre
    I hope this helps!