1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sand Dunes Of Kanoi

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Dune Dude, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Dune Dude

Dune Dude New Member

A friend of mine recommended a trip to the sand dunes of Kanoi. I was wondering if anyone knows specific names of the dunes located there, as he could not remember. He described it as a fascinating trip on a camel, with no one else around for miles. He also told me that they managed to somehow keep the beer ice cold throughout the entire trip!

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

As far as I know, these dunes are called the Sam Sand Dunes of Kanoi. You can opt to explore the dunes via a camel safari or a jeep safari. The Sam Sand Dunes is one of the best tourist destinations in Rajasthan. Every year, thousands of tourists around the world and locally, visit the dunes. They're well kept as well by the tour guides where they even have their own trash bags so you can throw your garbage in there.

If you can, visit the dunes before sunset or before sunrise. This can make for amazing views of the desert and the dunes themselves. It is about 45 kms away from the city of Jaisalmer so plan your schedule accordingly. Accommodations vary but there are some camps and tents nearby the dunes as well. At night, there are special productions of music and dance which you can enjoy with your dinner.

The best months to visit the dunes is from October to December. During this time, the desert isn't so hot as the winter approaches. You can explore it and enjoy it without breaking in too much sweat. From February to March though, this is when the Desert Festival happens, so you can also opt for these months.

I hope this helps!