1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shikara Boat Ride Costs At Dal Lake

Discussion in 'North India' started by ShivangiSaroop, Aug 20, 2015.

1. ShivangiSaroop

ShivangiSaroop New Member

I will leaving for Srinagar soon with my family, and we have the itinerary and accommodation all organised. In our itinerary we have the shikara boar ride, but we are not aware of costs for the boat ride, it would be good to get some information on the cost for the boat ride, the duration and how many people can go on the boat at one time. There will be six people travelling.

2. Travel Freak

Travel Freak New Member

The actual cost for shikara boat ride is Rs400 for one hour, but this can be negotiable. Some may even charge more than this anything up to Rs600. The minimum time spent on the boat should be two hours and max three hours, one hour will not be enough to cover the area or even at least enjoy the views.
    There are boats of different sizes and you will find a boat which would fit six people easily.

3. HIraeth

HIraeth Member

The time I went, they allowed four people on a single shikara, and charged 200 rupees per hour. Be sure to negotiate! If you're starting out from a prominent part of the lake, then one hour will be enough to see the places around the lake, because, to be honest, there aren't many sites of attractions as such around the Lake. The most popular sight is the Char Chinar, you might want to sail up close to it to see how the reflections look on the water. This apart, shikara ride on the Dal Lake is all about relaxing and letting yourself soak in the beauty that the place inherently is. With the cool breeze blowing against your skin, and the sun slowing setting its golden glow over you, you cannot find a more peaceful moment anywhere, I can guarantee you.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

4. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

How long of a ride are you looking for? Wow! The price is pretty good price. I love a nice boat ride and you can negotiate a lower price. Beautiful landmarks and great attractions at Dal Lake! Post some pictures!