1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student Visas

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Sandy, Dec 31, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Sandy

Sandy Guest

Are there special requirements for student visas for India? I've been thinking about how a lot of students travel to Europe, South America, and now even China for a few months of study. However, India isn't promoted for study abroad in a lot of US schools, even though it does have some of the best institutions in the world. How hard is it to get a long term student visa in the country? I know a group of people who toured with a choir during spring break, but nothing long term. If I look at study abroad opportunities with grad school programs, I am interested to learn more about the process of obtaining a student visa.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

All you need is required qualification, admission to the course and the required funds. I see a lot of foreign students coming to India for studies these days.

3. biddut deb nath

biddut deb nath New Member

After getting admission into an indian university you will get long term Indian visa. But visa duration does not exceed 1 year at a time. Every year you have to get your visa extended.

4. Chanterelle

Chanterelle New Member

Are the fees at Indian universities a good deal compared to other countries? How much difference is there between the cost for a local student, versus an international one?

5. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

The universities are quite reasonable from my research. But if you are looking for cheap universities, many in Europe are free, even to foreigners. There are some cheap administrative fees, but even those can be waived if you have financial need. Still, Europe is not India.

6. samfad55

samfad55 New Member

You have to consider the your field of study too. I know India Universities are good when it comes to studying engineering and IT courses and also the tuition is not that much either. But before you decide to study in a country you need to do a lot of research about it.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Are there special requirements for student visas for India?
    • The requirements for a student visa in India are the following:
      • Application form
      • Two 2x2 photographs
      • Valid passport
      • Letter of admission from school or university
      • Invitation letter from Indian school
      • Registration certificate from the school you're going to enrol to
      • Applicant's bank statement with a positive balance or,
      • Guardian with financial capacity's bank statement and letter of support as well as proof of relationship to student
    How hard is it to get a long term student visa in the country?
    • If you can provide the requirements, I think it's only a matter of time before your application is approved.
    Good luck!