1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tips On Booking Tatkal Tickets?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CaptainOblivious, Apr 11, 2016.

1. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

Recently I was stuck in the rather unfortunate position of having to travel on a short notice. The air fares were extremely high due to festive season being in swing. I decided that I would try to get a Tatkal (short notice) reservation. However the site decided to hang on me and I had to travel for 8+ hours sitting in the general section.

So, does anyone here have some tips on how to be reasonably sure of getting a Tatkal ticket? Thanks in advance!

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I think it is always hard to get last minute tickets no matter where you are. The best bet would be to get membership in some rewards program with a particular carrier. Often times, based upon your rewards level, you will get special and preferential treatment. As a frequent flyer, I get these options with AA and the One World Alliance.

3. CaptainOblivious

CaptainOblivious New Member

Hey @jnorth88, that makes sense. But at the moment I don't travel frequently enough for airlines to give me any preferential treatment. But I guess it's always worth a shot. Thanks for taking the time out to reply.