1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 10 Restaurants in Delhi

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by GaurNeha, Jul 5, 2016.

1. GaurNeha

GaurNeha New Member

I have recently moved to New Delhi, and I am someone who loves eating out with my husband and friends and family. I explore all the places to eat where ever I move (due to a transferable job), and always find out what the top restaurants are where I move.

So for all those members living in Delhi, this one is for you! Please give me a list of the top 10 restaurants in Delhi, and please also list the location of the restaurant as well.

Thanks

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

This is a tough one. I think there's lots of restaurants in Delhi serving great food. And that's only the restaurants that I do know of. There's always restaurants unknown to most of the public but serve amazing food. But yes, here's a list of some of the best restaurants in Delhi, ones that are my favourites:

• Lakhori. This is located in: Haveli Dharampura, 2293, Gali Guliyan, Near Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, New Delhi. They have Mughlai cuisine and they also have some street foods. If you cannot find the place, then consider asking around "Goel Sahab Ki Haweli" as this is the other name for it. The haveli has about 13 rooms and their restaurant, the Lakhori, is located in the ground floor. The place itself has Lakhori bricks that give the place this elegant and rustic look. There's just so many lip-smacking dishes but if I have to recommend two, these are: the Palak Patta Chaat and the Murg Ke Paarchey.
    • Dishoom. This is located in: Plot 8, 1st Floor, Satyaniketan, New Delhi. They have North Indian, Continental and Italian cuisines. Don't let their cafe's interior fool you, despite the rugged look, they do have some of the best dishes in Delhi. Try out their Phantom Cottage Cheese, Butter Chicken, Makhmali Chicken Satay and Kitkat Shake. Yum, yum and yum!
    • Echoes. This is located in: 17, 1st Floor, Opposite Sri Venkateshwara College, Satyaniketan, New Delhi. They have Continental, Italian, Mexican, American and Chinese cuisines. For something different, try their Hakka Noodles, that is if you can withstand spicy foods. There's also the Mexican Cheese Burst Pizza, great for cheese lovers.
    • House of Commons. This is located in: M-39, 2nd Floor, Outer Circle, Opposite Shankar Market, Connaught Place, New Delhi. They have North Indian, Continental and Mediterranean cuisines. Try out their Vegetable Spring Rolls and Phirni.
    • The Flying Saucer Cafe. This is located in: Ground Floor, Epicuria Food Mall, Nehru Place Metro Station New Delhi, Nehru Place, New Delhi. They Italian, Mediterranean and Continental cuisines. Try out their Goan Curry with Malabar Paranthas or their yummy Vegetarian Pizza.
    • Aslam Chicken. This is located in: Jama Masjid, New Delhi. They have Biryani and Mughlai cuisines. They are famed for their Chicken Tikka which is oozing with buttery goodness, yum!
    • HotMess. This is located in: M-11, Middle Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi. They have North Indian and Asian cuisines. Yes, it can be chaotic inside this restaurant as it's always full of people. But trust me, their food is all worth it. Try out their Chicken Tikka or Tiger Prawns.
    • Informal. This is located in: 52, Tolstoy Lane, Janpath, New Delhi. They have North Indian, Spanish and Mediterranean cuisines. Try out their Basil Garlic Paneer Tikka, great for vegetarians.
    • Hauz Khas. This is located in: 9-A & 12, Hauz Khas Village, New Delhi. They have Continental, North Indian and Asian cuisines. This overlooks the lake which can be a great view. Try out their Keema Pao, it can certainly satisfy you!
    • United Coffee House. This is located in: E-15, Connaught Place, New Delhi. They have North Indian, Asian and Mediterranean cuisines. As you enter the cafe, you'll find Victorian era designs and interiors. I can recommend the Cheese Balls which are loved by many people who had visited this place as well. Their Mathur Chicken Chaat is also another great dish.
    I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.

3. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

The restaurant Echoes would be the first place I dined out of the list. This is because I'm comfortable and familiar with Mexican, American, and Chinese foods, being that I am American. When I got brave enough to venture out of my comfort zone and really experience some authentic Indian food, I believe I would choose the restaurant Hot Mess.

4. rootle

rootle Member

There was one restaurant in Dwarka, Dum Pakwan, that made some of the best Indian food I've ever had. It had some great Chinese food as well. Honestly there are several good restaurants and you don't need to worry too much about good food. I didn't live in Delhi long but every time we ate out, it was great.