1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour from Katra to Dharamshala, Dalhousie and back to Katra

Discussion in 'Itinerary' started by Chahal, May 15, 2016.

1. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

I with my family have planned to go for Katra (Mata Vaishnavo Devi). There we have 2-3 free days available. And we wanted to visit Dalhousie and Dharamsala. My return ticket is from Katra only. So can you suggest us, how to proceed? Do we need to visit only one place or both places will be covered ? Please if possible mention the mode of transport available.
    It will of great help. We will be thankful to you.
    Looking forward for your replies. Our tour starts from 19th May 2016.

Thank you

--------------------
    I received the above query in an e-mail so created a new thread here so everyone looking for similar information can benefit.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Both Dharamshala and Dalhousie are about 250Km from Katra and it would take more then 8 hours just to get there. Not a good idea if you only have 2-3 days to spare as you will be spending most of your time on roads and then packing your bags to get back even before you get a chance to open them properly.

My advise to you would be to go to Patnitop which is just over two hours drive and is a great tourist spot. This would give you a lot of time to actually spend at the destination itself and getting there and back wont be as costly as it would be for Dharamshala and Dalhousie.

I hope this helps. If you do read this reply, please register and post any furthur queries that you may have.

Thanks
    Chahal

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Hi there,

Like @Chahal said you should drop your plans for dharamshala and dalhousie as it would be too hectic.

you could visit Patnitop and Shiv khori both are nice places and can be covered in a single day.. after visiting the "BHAWAN" you should rest for 1 day and the next day visit these places, so you wont be tired at all