1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling To Delhi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Elaine, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Elaine

Elaine Member

Is it safe to travel to Delhi alone as a woman? I have heard some horrible stories in the past and I'm quite worried. I have to attend a friend's wedding. Any suggestions?

2. jetfleet

jetfleet New Member

I think you should not go alone to Delhi, you should take your parents or you can travel with your friend group don't travel alone to such place.

3. NishaSahaay

NishaSahaay New Member

No its not so you can travel alone but not safe for women or girls.if you are traveling with your friend or family then no problem.

4. NishaSahaay

NishaSahaay New Member

if you are going traveling to Delhi do not wear golden chain or ring etc.i think any body can pull your chain.

5. Rayne

Rayne New Member

There's always safety in numbers. If there is any way you could travel with several people you should do it. Never travel alone to a foreign country.

6. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Since Delhi is capital city, we can presume that it is relatively safe for women. However, ground realities say different stories. In the past frw years there has been a sharp rise in rape cases in Delhi.

7. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

There are some horrible incidents taken place perviously in Delhi againts woman which certainly has made Delhi not safer for womans.

8. Aidan

Aidan New Member

I have also heard a lot of sad stories involving single girls in Delhi. I would suggest for you to look for a friend or travel partner. Don't go there alone.

9. Delilah

Delilah New Member

Definitely not, Elaine. I know that I sound like I am prejudiced, but it is always better to be safe than sorry. Make sure you are with someone you trust at all times.

10. Kristie

Kristie New Member

Really? I don't normally follow the news that much, so I have never heard of this about Delhi. Thanks for posting this; it will help a lot of people.

11. Daphne

Daphne New Member

I really don't suggest you go alone. But if you really have no other choice, make sure you are surrounded by people all the time like Delilah said.

12. Kyle

Kyle New Member

My girlfriend is going on an India tour in June and Delhi was one of the places she has planned to visit. After reading this thread, I think it's better if she skips it.

13. Rita P

Rita P New Member

If you're traveling alone make sure that you avoid going out late at night and don't visit places that are known to be unsafe. A good way to make sure that you are safe is to hire a cab from the hotel you are staying and use for the whole day.

14. Dina

Dina New Member

Someone suggested a pepper spray and said that being a female I must carry one with me. However, I don't think I need it because I am good at martial arts and can fend for myself in case of an attack. I am not afraid of traveling alone either.

15. sara.nm

sara.nm New Member

it's always recommended to travel with a few other people, just to ensure safety...but Delhi is big advanced city so I assume it's safe for women and children. but you can never be sure, so be cautious.

16. Travguy

Travguy Member

Traveling to Delhi is as safe as traveling to any other part of the world especially countries in Asia. If you follow basic safety norms you should have no problem but if you take too many risks, you may end up facing an issue at some time during your trip.