1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling to UAE on a budget

Discussion in 'UAE' started by kritin, Jul 2, 2024.

1. kritin

kritin New Member

Hello all, I want to travel around UAE, but I do not have much of a high budget.

On a general basis I would like some advice on how to travel to and within UAE on a budget.

All kinds of advice is most welcome and will help me.

2. Deven

Deven Member

Budget Travel Tips for the UAE:

Planning and Booking:

• Off-Season Travel: Consider visiting during the shoulder seasons (April, May, September, October) or even summer (May-July) to find the best deals on flights and accommodation. While it will be hot, prices can be significantly lower.
    • Discounted Airlines: Look for budget airlines like flydubai or Air Arabia for cheaper flights within the region.
    • Accommodation Options: Explore hostels, guesthouses, or AirBnBs for a more affordable stay compared to luxury hotels.

Transportation:

• Public Transport:Utilize the extensive and well-connected metro systems in Dubai and Abu Dhabi for cheap and efficient travel within the cities. Buses are another budget-friendly option for longer distances.
    • Ridesharing Apps: Consider using ridesharing apps like Uber or Careem for short trips, especially if you're traveling with others and can split the fare.
    • Ferry: Explore ferry options for scenic travel between emirates like Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

Activities and Food:

• Free Activities: Take advantage of the many free attractions in the UAE, like visiting public beaches, exploring the souks (markets), attending cultural events, or strolling through parks.
    • Street Food: Indulge in delicious and affordable street food like shawarma, falafel, and samosas.
    • Local Restaurants: Dine at local restaurants instead of high-end establishments. You'll experience authentic Emirati cuisine at a fraction of the cost.
    • Self-Catering: Consider staying in an Airbnb with a kitchen to save on dining costs by preparing some of your meals.

Additional Tips:

• UAE Explorer Pass: Consider purchasing a city pass like the Dubai Pass or Abu Dhabi Pass for discounted entry to multiple attractions.
    • Haggling: Don't be afraid to bargain, especially in souks, for souvenirs and other goods.
    • Water: Carry a reusable water bottle and refill it frequently to avoid buying bottled water.

By following these tips and doing some research, you can definitely have a fantastic and enriching trip to the UAE without breaking the bank!

3. kritin

kritin New Member

Thanks Deven, any reccomendations on when the best time to travel to Dubai is?