1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vegeterian eating places in Salt Lake

Discussion in 'East India' started by RatanRaj, Jun 12, 2015.

1. RatanRaj

RatanRaj New Member

We are traveling to Sikkim and have a 10 hour stop over in Kolkata. As we are vegetarians we would need some information about vegetarian restaurants in Kolkata which are of a reasonable cost.

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

The two places I recommend are Haveli in sector 2 and Fly Kourzina in sector 1.

3. JhaPrakash9

JhaPrakash9 New Member

Other options are Bombay House and Spice Bistro. There are other options as well but I dont know whether you are looking for just Indian restaurants or something like a Chinese or Pizza place.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here are some good vegetarian restaurants near Salt Lake in Kolkata:
    • Home flavour - This is located in: CL 86, Sector 2, Salt Lake. They have North Indian cuisine. They're very affordable as well, you can spend Rs. 250 for 2 persons already. They're also best known for their meals being as good as home-cooked food. They also offer takeouts and deliveries for their customers. Try out their Sahi Biryani and different varieties of Thali.
    • Fly Kouzina - Their location is: AD 73, Near BD Market Bus Stop, Sector 1, Salt Lake. They have a variety of cuisines: North Indian, Continental and Chinese. As the name suggests, they're an airplane-themed restaurant. But when you think of aircraft food, it's bland and not delicious at all. You won't get such meals in Fly Kouzina. Try out their Cheese Balls and Lasagne De Verde.
    • Baati Chokha - Their address is: FD 14, Sector 3, Salt Lake. They have North Indian and Rajasthani cuisines. Try out their Paneer Pakoda and Chokha with Daal.
    • Spice Ocean - You can find them in: BF 41, Sector 1, Salt Lake. They have Continental, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their Malai Paneer and Crunchy Spinach.
    • Smash Street - Their location is: 2nd Floor, CF 203, Near Swimming Pool, Sector 1, Salt Lake. They have Italian and Chinese cuisines. They're best known for their Pizzas though.
    I just have to include these dessert restaurants/cafes in Salt Lake as well:
    • Habra's Fresh and Naturelle Ice Cream - Their address is: Near Inox Ticket Counter, City Center Mall, DC Block, Sector 1, Salt Lake. You can find fresh flavoured ice creams here like Strawberry and Coconut. For the adventurers, you can try their exotic flavours like Nolan Gur and Lemon Grass.
    • Gelato Italiano - Their address is: Ground Floor, City Centre 1, Sector 1, Salt Lake. Their Chocolate Crunch Ice Cream is so sinfully delicious!
    I hope this helps!