1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Taj Mahal early morning

Discussion in 'North India' started by Madhulika87, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Madhulika87

Madhulika87 New Member

I have been talking to people and most of them have advised me to arrive Taj Mahal at 6 AM, as that is the time when it opens and is at its best to click pictures and there will be no touts and crowds following me at that hour. Now, my problem is that there is no train from Delhi, which arrives Agra before 6 AM. The first train which I can see on IRCTC website is 12172 HW LTT AC SF, reaching Agra Cantt. station at 3 AM and after that next train reaches Agra at 8:30 AM. Please suggest is it worth reaching Agra at night and please suggest some good budget hotel near Taj Mahal.

2. RAJESH VARMA

RAJESH VARMA New Member

You can take an early morning cab to agra from delhi. New Express way is been made and surely you will enjoy the ride and can take some good picture on the way too.

3. Madhulika87

Madhulika87 New Member

The reason I wanted to take a train is that it would cost a lot less. Taking a taxi would mess up my budget.

Do you know if there are any decent buses that leave at 2-3AM so I can be there early morning?

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

I have been to Agra many times and there is nothing to do at night except for going to the sadar bazar street where there are some shops and a couple of places to eat. That is pretty much it for the evenings. There is a stall at the end of the street called Mama Frankie and their kebabs are really good so you might want to go and have a taste of it.

5. RAJESH VARMA

RAJESH VARMA New Member

Sorry I have no idea about buses. The best you can do is travel to agra a day before.

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There are buses which leave Delhi at 1am,1.30am, 2am, 2.30am and take between 5 and half hours to 6 and half hours to reach Agra. These buses which go to Agra are all non AC and if you want an AC bus then the earliest bus is at 5.30am.