1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Mcleodganj in November

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by rofl, May 23, 2016.

1. rofl

rofl New Member

I am quite eager to plan a holiday to Mcleodganj, but currently looking at the weather it does not seem possible as the temperature is low but the humidity is above 50%, something which I am not comfortable with, going out and exploring the destination will not be delightful at all.

The only possible time that I can make plans to visit Mcleodganj is November, and I would like to know what the weather in Mcleodganj in November will be like?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

November is considered as winter season in Mcleodganj. It might get a bit chilly during this time, but there's no snow yet. It's definitely a great time to visit Mcleodganj as it's not yet that crowded and you get to enjoy the pleasant weather as well. If you'd like to see snow during this time, you'd have to travel at higher altitude places in Mcleodganj. Carry light wooden clothing to protect you from the cold.

Generally, Mcleodganj can be visited all-year round except monsoon season which is from July to August. The region receives the second highest rainfall in all of India. So it's not that great of an idea to visit during the rainy season.

From September to February, these are considered the winter season months. Peak tourist months are from December to January and this is also the coldest months in Mcleodganj. Mountains are covered with heavy snowfall and lots of snow activities are held during this time.

March to early June is considered as the summer season. Trekking and other activities of the like are good to do during these months. You'll still see snow-capped mountains on the background especially early on in the summer.

I hope this helps!