1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather In Mcleodganj In November

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Aarya, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Aarya

Aarya New Member

I will be near Mcleodganj in the month of November, and I am considering visiting the destination. I have read a lot of things about this destination and thought that I will be a short distance from it why not go and see the place. I would need some idea about the weather in Mcleodganj in November so that I can bring clothes accordingly.
    I think the weather would not be too different to what it is in Punjab, but I would rather be sure about it.

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

Mcleodganj is in a hilly area so it would be colder than Punjab.
    There are chances that it can snow, sometimes snowfall arrives early, so it is advisable for you to carry woolens and thermals along with you.

It would also be good if you did a weather check closer to your date of travel.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

November is part of the winter season in Mcleodganj. Winter season is from November to February. Generally, the coldest months are from December to January with temperatures going as low as 1°C or even lower. Snowfall also happens from the months of December to January.

During November, you can experience the surge of low temperatures along with the cold waves. It's actually a great time to visit Mcleodganj especially if you love the coldness. In higher altitude areas, you can do some snow activities as well as snow starts to set in.

It's advisable that you bring light wooden clothing and other snow paraphernalia. The cold is bearable but you still need to pack some winter clothes to be sure.

If you can schedule your trip in the early weeks of November, then it's for the better. The weather and climate then is very pleasant for sightseeing. Trekking activities can also be done during that time.

I hope this helps!