1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are The Best Places To Go Fishing?

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by hellotraveler, Jan 17, 2016.

1. hellotraveler

hellotraveler Member

Are there different areas away from the beach where you're allowed to go fishing, crabbing, or other things like that? I like to swim and snorkel sometimes, but I really like to fish too whenever on vacation near the ocean or a lake. Usually there are licenses to do that or only certain places to go anymore where you can, and I was wondering what it's like that way in India?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I knew someone who went into the foothills of the Himalayas and did a fishing documentary. Most of the rivers are still pristine, and he caught some monsters. North Indian fishing might be interesting, especially if you hook up with a local guide to get to the more remote spots.

3. art_and_yoga

art_and_yoga New Member

India has many great places for fishing. If you're concerned about legality, just check with the concierge at your hotel. They should be able to make arrangements for you.

Corbett National Park is a great place to go for many reasons. Along with fishing for Goonch, Masheer and Brown
    Trout, you can watch tigers. Corbett is located near the Ramaganga River.

If you will be traveling in March to Pancheshwar, you can attend the International Angling Competition. It's held along the Mahakali River. You can also go night fishing there.

At the hill station of Munar in Kerala, you can catch a variety of fish. Sardines, Pomfret, Tuna and Mackerel swim there. This place is also home to Elephant Lake, a popular swimming spot for those majestic creatures.

Ranikor, Meghalaya offers a unique tribal experience. Local indigenous people use traditional methods of fishing and you can float on a traditionally made boat.

Lakshadweep is home to both fishing and water sports. You can fish for exotics like flying fin, rainbow runner, red snapper, butterfly fish, skipjack and parrot fish. You can also surf, kayak, scuba dive or canoe.

Admin likes this.