1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Think Of The Fruit Wood Apple?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by MinnieinIndia, Dec 13, 2015.

1. MinnieinIndia

MinnieinIndia New Member

My friends here are always trying to get me to eat wood apple (aka kabit or kavat), but I've resisted so far. Rather like a coconut, the wood apple makes you work too hard for too little of a reward. Am I missing something?

2. Benti

Benti New Member

I don't understand what you mean by, "work too hard". I love coconut, by the way. I think the reward for it is great! The fruit wood apple? Never heard of it.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've never heard of wood apples, either...I had to look them up online but apparently they are native to India! I guess by working too hard you mean the fruit is difficult to get into - like you have to get through that shell to get to the fruit part...and I can understand why some people would think that was cumbersome! I'd definitely give it a try though if I was somewhere that sold it!

4. freddi

freddi Member

I'll be honest - I'm super-lazy and find most fruit to be too much work. Either you have to wash it before eating, or it's a faff to get to. For example, I can never be bothered with peeling oranges, getting all those white bits off (I hate them and don't want them in my mouth!), picking out pips etc. Ugh! I'd rather have a smoothie or a juice. Or fruit out of a tin. :D