1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is Waiting List In Indian Railway Reservations

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by RusselRose, Mar 17, 2016.

1. RusselRose

RusselRose New Member

I have just made a railway booking from Delhi to Mumbai on the Suvidha AC Express, and after making the booking I see that my seats are on waiting list, WL is stated by the status.
    I have just paid the full amount for the tickets, so why is it on a waiting list. Unless I am not understanding it right, can someone please explain what is waiting list in Indian railway reservation?

I am not from Delhi or even India and will be coming from Malaysia and I don't really want to be stranded at Delhi airport.
    If I am right in thinking that I will only get a confirmed ticket is someone else cancels, then I have a few queries.

1. What happens if I don't get a confirmed ticket?

2. Do I get a full refund back?

3. What is the earliest time I can find out whether my ticket has been confirmed or not?

4. What other options would I have to travel from Delhi to Mumbai?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

This is very different to my own experience. Have you been able to choose a seat? Often times, seat choosing is only allowed closer into the travel time. If that is not the case, I would suggest contacting them directly. You would not want to mess up your itinerary. If they don't put you on the train, they will likely put you on the next or refund you the ticket price. But that should be stipulated somewhere in the terms of your purchase.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

If your ticket doesn't get confirmed then it will be cancelled and entire amount will be refunded..

the train charts are made 2-5 hours before the departures so you can check 2-5 hours before your departure..

Try checking other trains for seat availability..