1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Domestic Airline Is The Best?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Bayleaf, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Bayleaf

Bayleaf New Member

There seems to be loads of different domestic airlines operating in India, so what are the major differences between them? For me obviously the first priority is a good safety record, but I'm flexible on other things. For instance, I'd tolerate an airline that is known for its bad timekeeping if they have a generous luggage allowance.

2. Karan

Karan Member

I think the airlines I would rate are being the best are Air India and Jet Airways. Both of the airlines provide food of good quality which no other domestic flight provides. The seats are comfortable, you can say standard to any other airline and service is also prompt and good.

Another plus point for Air India is that they allow the most baggage allowance of 25kg as compared to other airlines., so in your case, the best airline for you would be Air India.

I had found that when traveling with GoAir and Indigo they were quite unprofessional and the staff was not as polite and well-mannered as they should be.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

Old is gold is what I would say when it concerns airlines. Air India and Jet Airways come in that category. I have travelled on both and have had no reason to complain.

4. Mohit Eagle

Mohit Eagle Member

To be honest there is no major difference in any of the domestic airlines. First of all the domestic journies don't last that long I would say max 2 or maybe 3 hours. There is not much that one would really require in this short period of time. I have travelled on Spice Jet, Air India, and Indi Go and they all provide a decent enough service.

Regarding luggage then Air India beats all the other domestic airlines, as they allow up to 25kg of baggage whereas others allow up to 15kg.

5. JJ

JJ New Member

I have been a frequent flyer with SpiceJet and found that they provide a good and prompt service, till now I have not had any bad experiences with them so for me they are one of the best domestic airlines. I have also traveled on Air India a couple of times and found their services to be good too. A plus point with Air India is that they provide a meal as well. :)