1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which one is better Paharganj, Old Delhi or Karol Bagh

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by NYdrone, Nov 21, 2014.

1. NYdrone

NYdrone New Member

Howdy folks,

Me and my 2 friends are reaching India in mid December and will be spending a few days in Delhi before we fly to Goa for our Christmas and New Year party. We do not want to book any fancy or 5 star hotel in Delhi so the best choices we found on the Internet were Paharganj, Old Delhi and Karol Bagh. Which one is more dependable and cheaper in your opinion, one must have or what is necessitated in the hotel is a good WiFi connection.

Our budget is USD 40-50 per night, any advise would be helpful

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I personally dont like any of the areas you have listed but yes those places are cheap and you will find plenty of choice within your budget. The reason I dont like them areas is that they are too crowded but other then that its not too bad and you get loads of choices for food too. I am not sure if properties there have wifi in there but it is easy to get a 3G enabled sim card which you can use for the internet. You can either buy a cheap USB modem or just use the sim card in your phone and tether using wifi. Data plans are cheap and you will also get a local mobile phone number this way. The mobile shops in the areas you have listed should be able to sell you a sim card without a problem as long as you have your passport.

3. Prits

Prits Member

Karol Bagh or Paharganj are good choices to choose from and you will easily get rooms within your price range. I would suggest you get an Airtel sim card which would work well in Delhi as well as Goa.