1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yellow fever vaccination in Chennai

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ronrod, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ronrod

ronrod New Member

Hi... I am in Chennai right now and I am travelling to Africa in a few days, so do you know from where I can get yellow fever vaccination in Chennai before I begin my Africa trip? Do you have any idea or any recommendation? If it is not available in Chennai then I will not mind to visit Bangalore for this purpose, please suggest

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You can go to King Institute of Preventive Medicine to get the vaccination. It is not sure whether a prior appointment is required or not so it would be best to call them up before you visit. Contact details for King Institute of Preventive Medicine are as below:

Guindy, Behind SPIC,
    Chennai-600 032
    Tel No : 044 - 2250 1520 / 2250 1521

3. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

I was in Africa last year and if you don’t get your yellow fever vaccination they will inject you at the airport. They ask for this vaccine but yellow fever is not something I would worry much about. What you should really about is malaria. I was in Africa for three months and my last week a damn mosquito bit me and I started feeling very sick. Malaria is awful! You should start taking the chloroquine pills right now because it takes some time for them to start making effect. These pills prevent malaria. I was taking them before I left home but once I was in there I missed a lot of doses. Please, take my advice and get the pills.