1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Star Hotel in Chennai

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Mukhul, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Mukhul

Mukhul New Member

I am taking my mother to Chennai a place where she grew up, and I want to provide her with the best time and let her relive her childhood memories.
    I also want her to have a comfortable stay and want to treat her to a 5-star hotel.

I need some help with choosing a good 5-star hotel. I am not too fussed about the food served at the hotel, as we would only have breakfast there and have lunch and dinner outside somewhere. The service from the hotel should be excellent.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of five-star hotels in Chennai with excellent quality services:
    • The Leela Palace. They are the only sea-facing modern palace hotel in Chennai. The hotel has an elegant design but they also have modern technologies. It's a combination of traditional design and a modern twist with its amenities and facilities. The hotel staff are extremely courteous and hospitable. They will go out of their way to serve the guests. Rooms have different types, you can opt for the Deluxe City View or the Deluxe Sea View. Room rates start at Rs. 7,750 per night. Located at Adyar Seaface, MRC Nagar, Chennai 600028.
    • The Taj Coromandel. Known personalities have stayed in this hotel with the likes of President Jimmy Carter, President Bill Clinton and the Emperor and Empress of Japan. They boast of their Taj hospitality when it comes to services offered to the guests. There's lots of rooms and suites to choose from. Room rates start at Rs. 10,500 per night. The hotel also has different restaurants and bars. Located at 37, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Nungambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600034.
    • ITC Grand Chola. The hotel is a combination of classic elegance and modern design. The hotel provides great service to their guests as well. Every guest receives their own special treatment the moment they set foot in the hotel. Rooms have different options but rates start at Rs. 6,790 per night. Location is at 63, Mount Road, Guindy, Chennai, 60003.
    • The Westin Chennai Velachery. Hotel staff are very friendly, enthusiastic and hospitable. You'll find this hotel as your home away from home. The Deluxe Room's rate is at Rs. 8,000 per night. You can even opt for a connecting room with your mom. There's also a walk-in closet which you won't find in some hotels. Located at No. 154, Velachery Rd, Velachery, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600042.
    I hope this helps!

3. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana New Member

I'd prefer to stay at The Taj Coromandel, if I had access to unlimited funds. I believe even the least expensive accommodations they provide are well out of my reach. Visiting the grounds, without staying overnight, however, may be a possibility!