1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5 Star Hotels in Shimla

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Samrat55, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Samrat55

Samrat55 New Member

I am looking for some good 5-star hotels located in Shimla. I know you may be thinking that 5 star and a good hotel all 5 stars are good, well they are not, and I am speaking from past experiences, which is why I have preferred to get some suggestions from the forum.

It is not necessary that the 5-star hotel should be a reputed brand name, it can be any, but provide good service and food. Rooms should be a good size with access to WiFi services.

A hotel with an excellent view of the hills would be the best option, but not necessary.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There are a few five-star hotels in Shimla. Here they are:

• The Oberoi Cecil. This hotel dates back to the reign of the British Raj. During that time, the hotel caters mostly to an elite clientele. It was known for its ballroom dances and fashionable guests. Fast forward to now, the hotel has been restored but it still retains its colonial appeal. It is located near the Viceroy Lodge, it's hard to miss it because of its elegant white design and green terrace railings. Rooms are spacious and luxurious with views of the Shimla Valley. There are many amenities in the hotel, ranging from a temperature-controlled swimming pool, restaurant, lounge/bar, spa and children's activity centre. WiFi is available but with a fee.
    • Radisson Jass Hotel. Although this is a newer hotel, it doesn't fail to deliver on its quality of services and amenities. It has an elegant interior design and it's as if it welcomes you just as you enter the lobby. Rooms are spacious as well with amazing views of the mountains. It is located in the Lower Bharari Road in Shimla. Amenities include a swimming pool, a spa, a business centre and a restaurant. WiFi is available as well but you'd have to pay a fee.
    I hope this helps and enjoy your trip!

3. Nisha

Nisha New Member

Thanks for the information

4. Nicol Teresa

Nicol Teresa New Member

I would like to suggest you the Karma Royal Shimla. One of the best hotels in Shimla. The hotel is located on a Himalayan mountainside with an altitude of 2,200 meters above sea level. It is surrounded by the endless beauty of hills and nearby the famous Naldhera Golf Club.The hotel is perfect for holidays and getaways with eye-pleasing scenery, hilly mountains, and peaceful atmosphere. According to your needs, the hotel has more than to give you. The hotel has the elegant infrastructure, luxurious and spacious rooms with private balcony, delicious food, children’s club, recreation room, library, gym, golf club and last but not the least wifi. I hope this information will help you to find your stay in Shimla. Shimla is wonderful and adorable, enjoy!