1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Reasons Why Women Should Travel To India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by amelia88, Oct 1, 2015.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Another article I found recently was a wonderful, encouraging piece on why women SHOULD travel to India. As a solo female traveller I really enjoyed reading the piece. So often there is fear-mongering about why women shouldn't travel solo - so it made me happy to read a piece that was to the contrary!

The 6 reasons why women should travel to India were as follows:

It toughens you up

The author spoke about how she had spent time before her India trip in Japan, where a woman being assertive is almost frowned upon. She enjoyed India immensely because she felt like she could speak up.

The modest dress code is actually very practical

The idea of being covered actually protects you from the sun and the loose flowing garments are super comfortable!

The likelihood of violence against foreigners is low

It's a very respectful country

The author mentioned when she stayed alone in the city of Hyderabad, she found that many restaurants had a separate “women and families” section. She noted that they’re intended so women can go out in public without male relatives and still feel comfortable. Sounds pretty pleasant to me!

There's a vibrant feminist movement in the country

You simply wouldn't want to miss out on all the beauty!

I guess this point goes without saying!

If you're a solo female traveller, does this encourage you a little more to visit India?

SusieQ likes this.

2. innaf93

innaf93 Member

It does, it does and I am really on the supporting side If It comes to woman traveling to asia and south-east asia. There are certain territories in the world where woman are not welcomed, at all or without a man and I think India is the exact opposite. Encourage each other to travel and even travel alone!

SusieQ likes this.

3. pwarbi

pwarbi Active Member

As what's been mentioned in other threads I'm not wholly convinced about the travelling alone part but I do agree that if a person wants to travel then nothing should stop them.

Money, age and gender shouldn't be an issue, and the more people that get to see India the better in my opinion.

SusieQ likes this.
  4. SusieQ

SusieQ New Member

I think it is great that India is a country that welcomes women. The fact that they can feel safe is very important, especially in today's times. It is a beautiful land and I hope to travel there one day.

5. KCDavis

KCDavis New Member

I personally don't like the idea of traveling alone. I just feel that there is safety in numbers, but I have friends that do it all the time and its good to see that India is so supportive of it.

SusieQ likes this.
  6. SusieQ

SusieQ New Member

KC, I don't like the idea of traveling alone either. I would never consider it. Especially to a place I have never visited before. But, I admire those who do.

7. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

That is just a tip of the iceberg what you have found out why women should travel to India. I am sure you would want to know the art of wearing a saree. A saree is a graceful attire that adds dignity to a woman.

Saree_wrapping.jpg