1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aisle, Middle Or Window?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by amelia88, Jan 25, 2016.

1. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

What seat do you think is best for long haul flights?

For me personally it's the aisle seat. I like being able to get up and walk around without inconveniencing other passengers - and since my trip to India is going to see me racking up quite a significant number of miles, I'll absolutely be choosing an aisle seat so I can freely roam the plane and keep active. I also find that helps me once I get off the plane, so I don't feel so lethargic!

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I prefer the aisle seat as well because of these reasons:

1. I can easily stand up or walk around when I need to.
    2. I also have frequent bathroom breaks so having the aisle seat is the most convenient for that.

Of course if I can afford a business class, I'd choose that, lol!

amelia88 likes this.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I hear you about the bathroom breaks! I like to stay hydrated on flights too, so I'm constantly drinking a ton of water and I feel like I'm getting up to use the bathroom every half an hour! I think that would really begin to bother my seat-mates if I was tapping them on the shoulder all the time to get up -- especially if they were sleeping!

4. tabby

tabby Member

I normally prefer the window seat because I like looking at the scenery while in flight. Night time travel frustrates me as I don't see anything, except probably during descent when I get to see the city's skyline.
    I possibly opt this because the longest I've been on a plane is just roughly around 4 hours on a trip to South Korea. I will probably be singing a different tune if say I'm going to the U.S. or any country in Europe (haha, wishful thinking at work!). If I have the opportunity, no doubt it will be the aisle seat just so I can do some stretching.

5. Daira

Daira New Member

I am an aisle person all the way. I hate to fly and I have to take medication to get through it; the aisle helps me to feel like I have more control and freedom.

6. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

I would rather go for a window seat.