1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternatives to Chinese mobile phones

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Admin, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Theres been a lot of talk about boycotting Chinese products in India and across the world due to various reasons. In India especially due to the recent clash on borders where 20 Indian soldiers were killed recently raising an anti-China sentiment across the country.

Indians have been using Chinese made mobile phones for decades now and it is hard to find alternatives especially when every other company selling smart phones is based in China.

I am providing a small list of companies that are not Chinese in case anyone is interested.

Nokia : As most of you already know it is a company based in Finland and makes excellent phones.

Samsung : Samsung is a Korean company and a well known brand in India and across the world.

Asus : Asus has some excellent smart phones to offer in India. Asus is a company based in Tiwan

LG : Not a wide range of phones but it is a company based in South Korea.

Apple : iPhones are pretty good if you can afford the latest ones thats good but even the older models are going strong as they last a long time and are good value for money over all.

Do post in replies if you know of any other brands that you would like me to add in my post or if I have made a mistake in this post I would appreciate if you could point it out for me so I can correct it.

I hope this helps.

Kate Collins likes this.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

Apples are really good, but are way over priced.

Samsung phones are of a decent price but even their latest ones are as costly as iphones these days.

Anyone used the latest Nokia phone? Any feedback?

3. Kate Collins

Kate Collins Member

I'll go Samsung for its decent price and good specs. I had experience with Nokia phones before prior to Smartphones.