1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile phone without Aadhaar card

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Londoner, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Londoner

Londoner New Member

I'll be visiting India for a month, and I will need a SIM for internet access whilst in India.

Now I read that you will need an Aadhaar card for SIM card. Will a traveller like me who is not eligible for Aadhaar card be able to get a SIM card for local calls and mobile data? Running an online business, I go through 1-2gb data everyday and data access whilst travelling is a must for me.

2. Karan

Karan Member

These days you do require an Aadhaar card when getting a sim card in India.
    When it comes to foreigners getting a sim card in India you will have to provide other documents which are:

• 2 passport sized photographs
    • copy of your passport
    • copy of your Indian visa
    • residence address
    • proof of the hotel you are staying at (it can be a letter from the hotel as well)

For your sim to get activated it may take a couple of hours or maybe a couple of days, so you have to be a bit patient.

Londoner likes this.

3. Londoner

Londoner New Member

This Trabug is a great idea, and it is not expensive at all.. Great recommendation.

However, I will be getting my own SIM. I'm thinking Jio as I need around 3GB data a day, I need to keep an eye on my business in the UK. Any downside of Jio?