1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Andaman and Nicobar Islands Hotels

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Mnsi65, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Mnsi65

Mnsi65 New Member

I have joined the forum, as I would like to get an idea of what kind of hotels are available in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, or more like what options I have for a good and safe hotel.

I do not have a minimum or maximum cost yet. It would only be decided once I know what hotel options are available.

My main concern is connectivity of the internet. I would need to check some important emails at night, so instead of using roaming it would be better to have WiFi connection.

Are most of the hotels located nearby each other, or are they quite a distance from each other?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

So first of all, only a few islands in the Andaman and Nicobar islands can be stayed at overnight. Some islands can only be visited during the day. So as a consequence, only these islands which are permitted for overnight stays have hotels. These are the following:
    • Port Blair, South Andaman Island, Middle Andaman Island and Little Andaman Island (except the tribal reserve), Neil Island, Havelock Island, Long Island, Diglipur, Baratang and North Passage.
    Only the islands of Port Blair and Havelock Island have internet connectivity. All other islands don't have internet connections. So if you do need the internet, then consider these islands for staying and visiting the other islands during day time only. I'm going to list the hotels in these islands with internet connection.

Hotels in Port Blair with Internet Connection

1. Hotel Haywizz - This is located right at the heart of Port Blair. It is nearby to all tourist attractions in Port Blair like the Cellular Jail and Anthropological Museum. The hotel has about 22 rooms, all equipped with modern amenities. They have their own restaurant serving local and international cuisines to guests. They are also one of the few hotels offering free WiFi to guests. However, even though they do have internet connectivity, the location is still not an assurance of a good signal.
    • Tariff - Premium Room at Rs. 2,399 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Flat-screen television, internet access, mini-bar and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, travel desk and internet facilities.
    • Address - No. 36, MA Road, Phoenix Bay, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744102.
    • Contact Number - +91 80017 17777.
    2. Hotel Hilltop International - This hotel is nearby the jetty and airport, making it an excellent choice because of its connectivity to the city and other islands. All amenities and facilities in the hotel are modern. They even have a 7D Fun Theatre which other hotels don't have. They have internet connectivity as well but it's on a chargeable basis. Their restaurant features several cuisines like Continental, Malabar, Chinese and of course, Indian. The hotel also provides airport transfers for guests.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Room at Rs. 5,000 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Flat-screen television, fridge, telephone, internet access, mini-bar and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Hotel Facilities - Airport transfer, backup generator, laundry, elevator, car parking, multi-cuisine restaurant and travel desk.
    • Address - JN Road, Haddo, Port Blair, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744102.
    • Contact Number - +91 3192 230 636.
    3. J Hotel - This hotel is about a 10-minute drive away from the airport. It is also located very near to tourist attractions like the Cellular Jail and Corbyn's Cove. Rooms are luxurious and spacious, with wooden flooring and furnitures. They also have a rooftop restaurant serving Continental, Indian and Chinese cuisines. They also have complimentary WiFi access for guests who are staying in their hotel.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Room at Rs. 4,499 per night.
    • Room Amenities - LED television, balcony, internet access, mini-fridge, tea/coffee maker and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Hotel Facilities - Laundry, currency exchange, multi-cuisine rooftop restaurant, banquet hall, travel desk, power backup, doctor on call and internet facilities.
    • Address - Aberdeen Bazaar, Near Clock Tower, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101.
    • Contact Number - +91 3192 246 000.
    Hotels in Havelock Island with Internet Connection

1. Silver Sand Beach Resort - This resort is located on Beach No. 5 or the Vijay Nagar Beach of the Havelock Island. The resort has AC Cottages, Lagoons and Suites, all of which are exquisitely designed and fully furnished. Accommodations either face the garden or the sea. Their restaurant is quite spacious and is an open-air one so you get to enjoy the fresh air as you eat. WiFi is also available but only at the reception area. Other public areas also have WiFi but the signal is quite weak.
    • Tariff - Andaman Garden Facing Villa at Rs. 9,999 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-conditioning, wardrobe cabinet, intercom and attached bathroom.
    • Hotel Facilities - Restaurant, generator, spa, common lawn area, parking, internet facilities and room service.
    • Address - No. 5, Vijay Nagar Beach, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744101.
    • Contact Number - +91 98100 05756.
    2. Coral Reef Resort - This resort is also located on the Vijay Nagar Beach. Rooms have wooden flooring and furnitures. WiFi is available but only on public areas and even with that, the connection and signal might be weak. However, the resort does make up for it by providing guests with numerous facilities like a swimming pool, spa, fitness centre and bar. Their restaurant serves multi-cuisines but do try out their seafood dishes which have gained praises from all guests.
    • Tariff - Coral Premium at Rs. 11,999 per night.
    • Room Amenities - LED television, mini-fridge, tea/coffee maker, safe and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Hotel Facilities - Spa, restaurant, swimming pool, internet access, bar, pool table, conference hall and fitness centre.
    • Address - No.5, Vijay Nagar, Havelock Island, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744211.
    • Contact Number - +91 94342 8524.
    In Port Blair, hotels are located at a close distance with each other. In Havelock Island, hotels are further at each other but there are several hotels in each beach. For all the other islands, hotels are quite few and in some, you really cannot call them hotels. They're more like specialty lodgings or guest houses.

I hope I answered your query. Let me know if this isn't quite the answer you're looking for. Enjoy your vacation!