1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Restrictions Based On Previous Passport Stamps?

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Angelswings, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

I know some countries have very specific rules about not allowing you entry if you have been to a place on their restricted list, and others may well let you in but it's not guaranteed. Are there any issues like this for visitors to India?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I couldn't find any sort of restrictions of that nature outlined on my country's travel advice site about India - but it did say that things can change at short notice. I'm wondering if some of the Indian based members of the forum might be able to help.

3. Angelswings

Angelswings New Member

Thanks Amelia. I think India seems to be a pretty neutral and friendly country, kind of like the Switzerland of Asia perhaps. :) That fits with the friendly and welcoming nature of the people.

4. Isafab

Isafab New Member

Oh great, one more thing to worry about! I have a couple of stamps from European and south American countries in my passport.

5. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

I'm not sure of such restrictions but I know there must at least be a 2 month gap between separate visits to Indian if you want to go back after your first visit. This requirement I guess even applies even if the tourist visa isn't stamped. I know there are a lot of things to consider when traveling abroad but one must really do research first before they travel to avoid problems