1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Art of living Bangalore courses

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Maya, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Maya

Maya New Member

I am going Bangalore for 4 weeks and during my stay there I would really like to attend some of the Art of Living classes. From what I know and have read there are particular courses which can be conducted.

Before I make any further plans I first would like to know whether there are any Art of Living courses in Bangalore?

What would the cost be for the course?

How long does the course last?

Is it possible to have some classes instead of the whole course?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Maya! Welcome to the forum!

The Art of Living International Centre also has a branch in Bangalore. It is in the town of Udayapura. It is read over 65 acres of land and was built in 1986. Inside the ashram, there's a wellness centre, spa, shop, dining hall, kitchen, amphitheatre, canteen, library, amongst many others.

Yes, there are Art of Living Courses in Bangalore. Here are their courses:

Entry Level Courses
    • Sudarshan Kriya - This is a powerful, yet very simple breathing technique which incorporates the natural rhythms of breathing and harmonises the body, mind and emotions. This breathing technique can eliminate stress and negative emotions.
    • Happiness Programs - This program reconnects you to yourself. It's a suitable program for anyone above 18 years of age.
    • Yoga and Meditation - These yogic positions are especially for the beginners. Aside from helping with weight loss, other diseases such as insomnia, asthma and diabetes are also treated with yoga. The program also touches on the Sahaj Samadhi type of meditation. This is a 10-hour program spread over 5 days.
    Advanced Programs
    • Art of Silence Part II - This is just a short program, about 2 and a half days. It's a continuation of both the Sudarshan Kriya and the Happiness Program. It's a retreat for the mind and the body, as it's held on a place of tranquility and serenity. You would learn how to consciously withdraw your energy to focus on your inner silence.
    • Do Something Now (DSN) - This is a program that helps participants break through their personal inhibitions and barriers through yoga and meditation. You must have completed the Happiness Program and the Sudarshan Kriya Program before you can participate in the DSN.
    • Art of Living Yoga Level II - This program helps in cleansing your inner organs to help your body become lighter and healthier. The program also has some meditation parts to help cleanse the mind as well. Once you have completed the Happiness Program, you can do the Art of Living Yoga Level II Program. It's a four-day residential program.
    International Programs
    • Vedic Wisdom - This is a four-week program teaching participants about Vedic mantras and ancient sacred programs.
    • Courses in Language - They also offer special programs in different languages. Right now, there's a program for the Spanish speakers.
    Also, international participants can also participate in the Entry Level and Advanced Programs.

Corporate Programs
    • Apex - This program transforms all employees into leaders and helps increase productivity and creativity in the work place.
    • I Excel I Lead - This is a 16-hour program spread over 3 to 4 days. It has yoga, meditation, breathing techniques and interactive sessions for the employees.
    • Mind Matters - This program has yoga, interactive sessions, meditation, breathing techniques and question & answer portion to help participants manage the stresses of daily life.
    They have different fees for the different courses:

Entry Level Courses
    • Sudarshan Kriya - Rs. 1,500 per person.
    • Happiness Programs - Rs. 6,800 per person.
    • Yoga and Meditation - Rs. 4,000 per person.
    Advanced Programs
    • Art of Silence Part II - Rs. 8,800 per person.
    • Do Something Now (DSN) - Rs. 6,800 per person.
    • Art of Living Yoga Level II - Rs. 3,000 for Sharing Room and Rs. 2,300 for Dormitory.
    For the other programs, you'd have to contact the site for the fees.

It depends. I've mentioned the course lengths above. Some of the courses are within 2 to 3 hours for a spread of 6 days. Some of the courses are within 3 days and you'd have to stay in the ashram within those days to complete the program. Others are much longer, spread over a few weeks.

It's up to you. But you usually pay for the whole course so it can be a bit of a waste to just attend a few classes. However, there are shorter classes, some are even just 20 minutes for a day and there's some regular follow-up classes after.

Here is the contact information of Art of Living in Bangalore:
    • Address: The Art of Living International Center, Ved Vignan Maha Vidya Peeth, 21st Kilometres, Kanakapura Road, Udayapura, Bangalore, Karnataka 560 082.
    • Contact Number: +91 80 67262626 or +91 80 67262627 or +91 80 67262628.
    I hope this helps.:)