1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Chinese restaurant in Delhi

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Preet, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Preet

Preet New Member

I am starting quite to like Chinese food, but not the Indian style one. I want to have some authentic style Chinese food which I think is quite hard to find in India.

I know there are some restaurants like Yo China, and I think it is China Mainland, but I don't know what they are like, whether they serve authentic Chinese food or food with the Indian tarka in it?

I am sure there are people out there who would know about the authentic places for Chinese food, so I want to know which is the best Chinese restaurant in Delhi, where I can enjoy a good meal, and I know I am having Chinese and not Indian.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

Here are some Chinese restaurants in Delhi serving authentic Chinese dishes:

1. House of Ming (The Taj Mahal Hotel) - They only have Chinese dishes. They are well-known for their authentic Chinese food and ambience. The cooking style of the chefs here are both Canton and Schezuan. The Schezuan style caters to the people who do love spicy food and the Canton style is more for the people who loves their food to be lightly flavoured. As for the ambience, the restaurant plays oriental music and the interiors also resemble the Chinese design.
    • Address: The Taj Mahal Hotel, 1, Mansingh Road, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Crispy spinach, dimsums, lotus stem tossed with honey and dry red chili, wok fried rice with vegetables and chicken kung pao.
    2. China Garden - This restaurant also only has Chinese cuisine. The ambience of the restaurant is very simple but elegant. It was Nelson Wang who founded this Chinese restaurant. Their flagship branch is in Mumbai and they also launched this branch in Delhi. The staff here are also very courteous and polite, which is not always seen in many restaurants.
    • Address: G-4/5/6, Marina Arcade, Connaught Place, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Smoked chili chicken, dimsum fish with black bean sauce, gin chicken, hakka noodles and soya wine fish.
    3. Fa Yian - This restaurant serves authentic Chinese cuisine as well. It's a small restaurant as compared to the first ones I've mentioned. Ambience-wise, it doesn't deliver much. The place is small and can only accommodate up to 20 persons at one time. However, don't let that discourage you from eating here as the food is every bit delicious as the bigger Chinese restaurants in the city.
    • Address: A-25/5, Middle Circle, Connaught Place, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Singapore chicken, fried chicken wontons and hot garlic lamb.
    4. China Club - This restaurant serves both Chinese and Asian cuisines. It's also one of the oldest Chinese restaurants around Delhi as it's been around for 12 years now. The consistency of their meals is usually what customers keep coming back to. They also have full bar available for customers. Their prices are on the higher side but keep in mind that one dish serving is actually enough for two persons.
    • Address: Lobby Level, Tower C, Global Business Park, MG Road, Gurgaon.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Crispy corn chili, sauteed spicy prawns and sauteed diced chicken with celery & bamboo shoot.
    5. China Kitchen (Hyatt Regency) - This restaurant serves Chinese dishes mainly. It's also one of the most expensive Chinese restaurants in the area. However, their dishes are authentic Chinese ones and well worth the price. The ambience of the place is also very elegant and classic. They also serve peking duck, which is quite rare in Delhi.
    • Address: Hyatt Regency, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Kung pao tiger prawns, chicken fried rice, peking duck and steamed chicken sui mai.
    6. Royal China - This has mainly Chinese cuisine with a variety of seafood dishes. This restaurant is in the 16th floor of the Eros Tower thereby giving you a panoramic view of the city. Food-wise, they also deliver and they do serve authentic Chinese dishes within a mid-range to higher budget.
    • Address: 16th Floor, Eros Corporate Tower, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Roast pork puff, prawn dish in black sauce and chicken in dry red chili.
    7. Rigo Restaurant - They have Tibetan and Chinese cuisines. If you're on a budget but still want to try authentic Chinese dishes, then Rigo Restaurant is your best option. They serve great tasting Chinese dishes that are easy on the pocket.
    • Address: 180, Tibetan Old Camp, Majnu Ka Tila, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Devil momos, beef shaptak, chicken claypot and chicken drum sticks.
    8. Empress of China (Eros Hotel) - This is a fine dining restaurant serving authentic Chinese dishes. They're a bit on the higher end side so their meals are priced as more expensive than other restaurants. The ambience and the food make up for the high mark up though.
    • Address: Eros Hotel, American Plaza, Nehru Place, New Delhi.
    • Must-Try Dishes: Chicken in lotus wrapped dumpling, Schezuan chicken and steamed pot chicken.
    I hope this helps!

:)