1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Fort In North India?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Voyager, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Voyager

Voyager New Member

I am arriving in India in a few weeks and was busy making my itinerary. My friends and I would like to visit a fort. So my question is, which is the best fort in North India since that is the area that we would be visiting? It will be great if it is easily accessible too.

2. Igor

Igor New Member

I have read a lot about Amer Fort in Jaipur, a place that is part of my itinerary. A travel agent in my city planned it all for me and all I did was look up some of the places on the net. It is easily accessible since we will be traveling by coach in a group.

3. swalia

swalia Guest

Well, there are quite a few. Red Fort in New Delhi is quite a tourist attraction. Red Fort in Agra has been declared as a UNESCO heritage site. My favorite is the Amer Fort in Jaipur. It is simply beautiful. In fact, there are two more forts near Amer Fort- Jaigarh and Nahargarh. Jaigarh is renowned as the world's largest cannon is on display here.

4. M.Nayak

M.Nayak Member

There are many forts in India,but the best FORT so far is JAISALMER,as it's the only living fort of ASIA,probably the oldest and biggest living FORT of the World,from 1156 AD till today there are 4000 people living,it's an living MUSEUM itself.Jaisalmer for is also known as the GOLDEN FORT,because of it's color.
    ,as you said that you have booked everything and there are places fixed but if you get sometime for yourselves to visit Jaisalmer,(It's quite far from Delhi ),but it's accessible from Delhi,Jaipur,Bikaner and Jodhpur.Must see the photos on net.

Please feel free to contact anytime for any information,Enquiry or query for INDIA,Rajasthan.

Thanks

M.Nayak