1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Route From Chennai To Munnar

Discussion in 'South India' started by Shravan, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Shravan

Shravan New Member

I am going to be traveling from Chennai to Munnar, and because this will be my first trip in this direction I would need help with the route. I need to know which is the best route from Chennai to Munnar, considering the following points.
    - Good road conditions
    - A route which is good but doesn't take too long
    - Good scenic views
    - Some good stopover places to rest and eat

It is not necessary that all the above points have to be covered it is something which would be preferred, especially the good views as I am fond of photography and it would be great to get some good shots.

I have seen the following routes but do not know which one is the best.

Chennai - Trichy - Madurai - Theni - Bodinayakkanoor - Munar

Chennai - Trichy - Dindigul - Palani - Udumalaipettai - Munnar

Chennai - Trichy - Dindigul BP - Batlagundu - Theni - Bodi - Munnar

2. perfectguy

perfectguy New Member

According to me that the best way to reach Munnar from Chennai is this route"
    Chennai-villi Puram-Perambalur-Trichy-Dindigul-Theni-Munnar.
    Because it is less time-consuming.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Here's the my opinion:
    • Chennai -> Trichy -> Dindigul BP -> Batlagundu -> Theni -> Bodi -> Munnar. This is the shortest route, about 577 kms. The roads aren't that bad but there aren't much scenic spots to see.
    • Chennai -> Vellore -> Krishnagiri -> Dharmapuri -> Mettur -> Bhavani -> Udumalpet -> Munnar. This one's not on your list, but this is the best route if you want sceneries. This is about 620 kms.
    Possibly eat breakfast at Chennai or Trichy. Dindigul doesn't have much places to eat at unless you get inside the place. And lunch possibly you're at Munnar already by that time.

Good luck and have a safe trip!