1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Route from Delhi to Dharamshala

Discussion in 'North India' started by Ved, May 21, 2016.

1. Ved

Ved New Member

I need to get some route advice from Delhi to Dharamshala, and it should be the best route. I would like the road conditions to be good, I am not really interested in reaching the destination in the quickest time it should be the smoothest way.

Some recommendations for places on the way to eat food would be good.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I can suggest the following route to you:
    • Delhi - Ambala - Khanna - Take right to Samrala - Rahon - Nawanshahar - Garhshankar - Hoshiarpur - Gagret - Mubarakpur - Dehra - Ranital - Kangra - Dharamshala
    This is probably the route with the best condition. Keep in mind that roads are good enough but you might still encounter some potholes and rocky roads. But for the most part, it's a safe route with very little traffic.

Here's a few places you can eat or have a stopover:

• Mandi. There's hotels that has restaurants where you can eat. Where we stayed, The food is okay and it would suffice for travellers.
    • Judge's Court in Pragpur. Very lovely place, has huge rooms and spacious areas. The food was delicious as well.
    I hope this helps!