1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Way To Get From Calcutta To Agra To New Dehli?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by btalivny, Sep 8, 2015.

1. btalivny

btalivny Member

Hello India Forums. My flight is landing in Calcutta when I arrive in India. My main goal is to go sight seeing and meet some old friends. How would you recommend going from Calcutta to Agra then to New Delhi and finally back to Calcutta?

Best Regards,
    Btalivny

2. btalivny

btalivny Member

Are trains a viable option for this journey, or would you recommend taking a taxi or auto rikshaw for the separate parts of the trip? I only will take one medium sized suitcase.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

@btalivny

The best way to do this would be to take a flight from Calcutta to New Delhi and once you are at Delhi you could go get a taxi for a day trip to Agra or even two days as it only takes three hours by road if you take the Yamuna expressway.

You can also take a train from Calcutta to Delhi but the cost wont be much different if you want a decent seat in the train. Air tickets would only be slightly expensive as compared to 1st AC in a train if you book well in advance.

4. pramesh

pramesh New Member

You can go to Agra from kolkata by train , Train name is sealdah to ajmer and if you would like to go directly delhi from kolkata then you can buy a ticket for rajdhani train

5. btalivny

btalivny Member

@pramesh alright thank you. I will take note of this and obtain tickets when possible. I am excited beyond measure about this trip. Oh the possibilities!