1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get from New Delhi to Hampi

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Rob Holden, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Rob Holden

Rob Holden New Member

We have not yet finalized our plans as there is some specific information that I am still looking for as apparent from my other thread but this is one thing I am stuck at so if someone could help me out as I cannot find any information on search engines.

We have planned most of our trip in and around Delhi and mostly keeping to Northern part of India but also want to include Hampi towards the end of our visit. I am looking for different ways to get to Hampi from Delhi and then back to Delhi where we take our flight back home. I would appreciate if some one could provide the name of the train station that is nearest to Hampi as there doesn't seem to be one at Hampi if I understand this correctly. I would also consider a flight if it is not overly pricey.

Thanks
    Rob

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

The quickest way in my view would be to get a flight to Hubli from Delhi and then take a bus or taxi to Hampi. Hampi is in Karnataka and there are no other major airports other then Hubli so that is pretty much your only option unless you want to take a 8 hour bus ride after flying to Goa which might actually turn out a little cheaper because flight from Delhi to Goa are generally cheaper.