1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Book Train Tickets With Irctc Using Foreign Credit Cards

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Talking Monkey, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey New Member

Indian railways has been long criticised for not having the facility to book train tickets online using foreign credit or debit cards and any one traveling to India and wanting to travel in trains had to either go through agents or ask friends or family to book train tickets for them. This is all about to change with the initiative taken by this new government to allow bookings from outside the country.

Biggest beneficiary of this move is going to be tourists who would like to travel within the country on trains. Lots of tourists used to book flights due to this tickets problem. I can imagine a lot of savings for tourists as train tickets are very cheap in India and now you can book your tickets online at IRCTC's official website. This has not started yet but will start before the end of this month as per Indian railways officials.

2. Lost In India

Lost In India New Member

I only found out yesterday from news websites about this move by Indian railways. I was not able to use my credit card because my address was not Indian but now people would be able to register using their foreign address and phone numbers and use their credit cards directly with IRCTC. Thanks for sharing Talking monkey :)

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

This is great news. I never realized it as a problem, since I got my tickets through agents in the past. But this will streamline things in the future. And, it will make sure the prices are pretty even across the board. Do you know if they accept all credit cards, or only some?