1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to book train tickets from outside of India

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by HarvyM9, May 16, 2015.

1. HarvyM9

HarvyM9 New Member

I am in process of making some plans to come to India for holidays and it would be a number of different destinations. My preferred mode of transport would be by train and I was wondering whether I can pre book train tickets from outside of India? Please also advise how this is done.

2. Deven

Deven Member

In order to book Indian railway tickets online you need to go to Indian railway website at www.irctc.co.in and register there, after this you can make your online bookings. You are asked for a mobile number, where the confirmation will be sent but the only issue is that you can only enter in an Indian mobile number. In this case you can ask your hotel to provide a mobile phone number or use someones who you may know in India.
    Other options are making the booking when you arrive in India.

Other than this you can book from a third party travel like a travel agent.

3. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It does not matter where you are, you just have to register on irctc official website and buy the tickets you want. It is no different for Indians.

4. HarvyM9

HarvyM9 New Member

Can someone please clarify regarding entering in a contact number, would it work if I enter a non Indian phone number?