1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Books written by APJ Abdul Kalam

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by JPD989, Dec 15, 2016.

1. JPD989

JPD989 New Member

I have been reading about APJ Abdul Kalam lately and would like to research about him more. I have read that he has written some books of only which one I know.

I would like to get hold of all of the books written by him and read them and would like to know which all are the books written by APJ Abdul Kalam?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

[​IMG]
    (Images from Knisha and Dr. Kalam Fellowship)

'If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher.'

- By Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam

Overview

A scientist, a president, a family man, these are just a few descriptions for Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam. He is mostly well-known for his contributions to the missile and nuclear developments of the country. As a child, he was opened to the struggles of life at an early age. While their family was well-off, they lost their family business due to modernity and hence, APJ Adbul Kalam has had to help with the family expenses at his young age. Still, he was able to succeed and even joined the Defense Research and Development Organisation as one of the scientific assistants of the department. By 2002, he became the 11th President of India. Thereafter the presidency, he continued to live a very simple life, inspiring youths and other individuals to live their lives to their full potential.

Books Written by Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam

During his lifetime, Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam had also written many books. The topics range from autobiographies, to science, to politics, there's a wide variety in the genre of books he had authored. The table below highlights all the books written by the former president, the dates they were published, their genre, the language they were written in and whether they were co-authored or not.

List of All Books Written by APJ Abdul Kalam

Title of BookDate PublishedTypeLanguageCo-Written or Individually Written
    India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium1998ReferenceEnglishCo-Written
    Agni Ki Udaan (Wings of Fire)1999AutobiographyEnglishIndividually Written
    Ignited Minds2002Self-HelpEnglishIndividually Written
    The Luminous Sparks2004PoetryEnglishIndividually Written
    Envisioning an Empowered Nation: Technology for Societal Transformation2004Science and TechnologyEnglishIndividually Written
    India My Dream2004CulturalEnglishIndividually Written
    The Life Tree2005PoetryEnglishIndividually Written
    Guiding Souls2005FamilyEnglishIndividually Written
    Children Ask Kalam2005MemoirEnglishIndividually Written
    Mission India: A Vision for the Youth2005Social ScienceEnglishCo-Written
    Enathu Vaanin Gnana Sudargal2006EssaysTamilIndividually Written
    Evolution of Enlightened Societies2006LectureEnglishIndividually Written
    School Topper: A True Story 19472006Children's BookEnglish/HindiCo-Written
    An Autobiography or The Story of My Experiments With Truth2006 AutobiographyHindi/EnglishCo-Written
    Maanavar Agni Siragugal2007AutobiographyTamilIndividually Written
    You Are Born to Blossom2008MotivationalEnglishIndividually Written
    The Family and The Nation2008SociologyEnglishCo-Written
    Agnich Chiragugal2008MemoirTamilCo-Written
    Tejaswi Man2009ReferenceEnglish/HindiIndividually Written
    Hum Honge Kamyab2009InspirationalHindiIndividually Written
    Mere Sapnon Ka Bharat2009CulturalHindiIndividually Written
    Thirukkural: Pearls of Inspiration2009AutobiographyEnglishCo-Written
    Spirit of India2010SociologyEnglishIndividually Written
    Spirit of India2010SociologyEnglishIndividually Written
    Agnipankh2011LiteratureMarathiIndividually Written
    A Lesson For My Teacher2011Children's BookEnglish/HindiCo-Written
    Failure to Success2011Children's BookEnglish/HindiCo-Written
    The Scientific Indian: A 21st Century Guide to the World Around Us2011Aeronautics & AstronauticsEnglishCo-Written
    Target Three Billion: Innovative Solutions Towards Sustainable Development2011Urban Planning & DevelopmentEnglishCo-Written
    Bharat 20202012CulturalHindiIndividually Written
    Abdul Kalam Vachanangal2012EssaysMalayalamIndividually Written
    Thirupumunaigal2012AutobiographyTamilIndividually Written
    Inspiring Thoughts2012InspirationalEnglishIndividually Written
    You Are Unique: Scale New Heights by Thoughts and Actions2012Self-HelpEnglishIndividually Written
    Turning Points: A Journey Through Challenges2012Political & MemoirEnglishIndividually Written
    My Journey Transforming Dreams into Actions2013MemoirEnglishIndividually Written
    Ezhuchi Oottum Ennangal2013AutobiographyTamilIndividually Written
    Indomitable Spirit2013Self-HelpEnglishIndividually Written
    My Journey: Transforming Dreams into Actions2013Memoir & HistoricalEnglishIndividually Written
    The Righteous Life: The Very Best of APJ Abdul Kalam2013LiteratureEnglishIndividually Written
    Inklinks2013PoetryEnglishCo-Written
    Thoughts For Change: We Can Do It2013Spirituality & PhilosophyEnglishCo-Written
    Squaring the Circle: Seven Steps to Indian Renaissance2013Social and PoliticalEnglishCo-Written
    Meri Jeevan Yatra2014BiographyHindiIndividually Written
    Governance for Growth in India2014PoliticsEnglishIndividually Written
    A Manifesto For Change2014Public Affairs and EconomicsEnglishIndividually Written
    Forge Your Future2014SuccessEnglishIndividually Written
    The Guiding Light: A Selection of Quotations from My Favourite Books2014QuotationsEnglishIndividually Written
    Beyond 2020: A Vision for Tomorrow's India2014PoliticalEnglishCo-Written
    My Life: An Illustrated Autobiography2015AutobiographyEnglishIndividually Written
    My India: Notes for the Future2015CulturalEnglishIndividually Written
    Parivartan Ki Rooprekha2015AutobiographyHindiIndividually Written
    Turning Points: A Journey Through Challenges2015PoliticalEnglishIndividually Written
    Advantage India: From Challenge to Opportunity2015CulturalEnglishCo-Written
    Transcendence2015Religion & SpiritualityEnglishCo-Written
    Reignited: Scientific Pathways to a Brighter Future2015Career for ChildrenEnglishCo-Written
    Learning How to Fly: Lessons for the Youth2016MotivationalEnglishIndividually Written
    Songs of Life2016PoetryEnglishIndividually Written
    I'd Rather Read: Your Favourite Authors on Their Favourite Books2016Young AdultEnglishCo-Written
    In total, APJ Abdul Kalam had written 59 books in his lifetime. The books above are arranged accordingly, from the ones that were published the earliest and the ones published the latest, even after the death of the former president. The first book he wrote was the India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium. He had written this book alongside Yagnaswami Sundara Rajan. This book was written even before APJ Abdul Kalam became president and highlights what the country can do, as a whole, to become one of the greatest powers by the year 2020.

Genres range very much, from autobiographies, even to children's books, sociology, inspirational and many more. The former president also wrote poetries during his lifetime with books such as Inklinks and Songs of Life highlighting his works. Most of his books were written in English and have been translated into various languages. Some though, were written in Indian languages such as the Enathu Vaanin Gnana Sudargal, a collection of essays written in Tamil, and Agnipankh, a literary book written in Marathi.

This list does not include some books to which the former president had written introductions or forewords for. Such books like The Politickle Pickle: Cartoons & Caricatures and The Fresh Brew, do not mainly include APJ Abdul Kalam as their author but he has written introductions and forewords for them.

Conclusion

Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen (APJ) Abdul Kalam has influenced and motivated many individuals to fulfil their dreams, no matter what their status in life is. His struggles are that of the typical Indian and he has emerged successful, which only makes his life more inspirational. His dream for India, to make the country a force to be reckoned with especially in terms of economic powers, is something that most citizens also dream of. All these books showcase the ideals of the former president and would also help you appreciate and love your country more.