1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Hotel in Puducherry

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by RakeshGohil, Jul 18, 2015.

1. RakeshGohil

RakeshGohil New Member

I am looking for a budget hotel in Puducherry, something around the lines of Rs500 - Rs700 per night. I am preferably looking for an accommodation near the French part of Puducherry. Please avoid suggesting ashrams. Thanks.

2. KK

KK Member

Hotel Continental 48 on Labourdonnais Street is a good option, I am not 100% certain about tariff but it is classed a budget hotel. It is a popular stay for many so if you do choose this hotel make sure you prebook.

3. RakeshGohil

RakeshGohil New Member

Thank you KK. Would you know if the hotel has a restaurant as well? I know I am pushing my luck especially with the budget but trying to get the best facilities for my budget, if the hotel does not have a restaurant I am hoping that there are eating places near by.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Please check out the Deb's travel guide for hotels in Puducherry which are listed at the bottom of the guide. R M Guest house on ECR Road and Beach view resort at Serenity beach are closer to your budget.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

I realise that my reply would be very late already. But maybe this can help others who might have the same query as you. So, here are some budget hotels in Pondicherry or Puducherry:

Hotels Under Rs. 700 in Pondicherry
    • Beach View Resort - This is about 5 kms from the French Colony and 6 kms from the Botanical Gardens. It is a 1 floor property with about 12 rooms. There's not much you can expect in the rooms, just the basic amenities. Their Tree House Non AC Room is at Rs. 368 per night. The tree house is made of coconut trees, hence there is no air-conditioning available. You can opt for the AC rooms but they can be more expensive. The resort is also located on the Serenity Beach so you can easily access it from your room. They do have a restaurant but you can also opt for room service. You can also request for airport or railway transfers and laundry services. Their address is: Serenity Beach, Near Kotakuppam Junction, Puducherry, 605101. Their contact number is: +91 97906 18579.
    • Flora Beach Guest House - This is just 4.8 kms from the Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple, Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple. It's also a few minutes away from the French Colony. They have basic rooms at Rs. 630 per night. The rooms have basic amenities like a bed and a bathroom. Some of the cottages have shared bathrooms though. The guest house also has a restaurant and a swimming pool. Their address is: Opposite to Quiet Beach, Near Auro Beach, Pondicherry to Chennai ECR, Auroville, Puducherry, 605007.
    • Hotel Durai - This hotel is just a few minutes away from the French Colony. It is also very close to the Cuddalore Bus Station. Their Standard Room Non AC is at Rs. 700 per night. It has the basic amenities like a bed and a television. However, its attached bathroom doesn't have running hot/cold water. You can request for it from the hotel though, so they can give you hot water. Their address is: S.S. Subbarayan Building 17 Imperial Road Thirupapuliyur Cuddalore , Pondicherry, India 607002. Their contact number is: +91 4142 224 846.
    • Le Cygne Blanc - This hotel is located very close to the French Colony. Their Single Non AC Room is at Rs. 500 per night. It has a bed, night lamp, cupboard, ceiling fan and attached bathroom with water heater. You can arrange for Ayurvedic treatments and yoga classes from the hotel as well. Their address is: Ramaraja Street, MG Road Area, Puducherry, 605001. Their contact number is: +91 9944204935.
    • Hotel Vaigai - This hotel is just opposite the Cuddalore Bus Station. It is also very near the temples in the city and the French Colony. Their Single Non AC Room is at Rs. 450 per night. It comes with a comfortable bed and attached bathroom. Their address is: 80-B, Lawrence Road, Opposite Bus Stand, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu 607002. Their contact number is: +91 95978 50378.

I hope this helps!:)