1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Budget Hotels In Leh Ladakh

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by Mani, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mani

Mani New Member

I am trying to find some budget hotels in Leh Ladakh where I would be staying for around seven days. Although I have mentioned that the hotel should be a budget one, I would like it to be clean and most importantly comfortable. I would like a list of the budget hotels in Leh Ladakh along with their cost.

Most budget hotels have shared washrooms which I do not want, I would like my own washroom, and a hotel restaurant is not important at all.

The location does not matter either as I would work out things according to that because it would be a personal trip nothing will be pre-planned.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

What exactly is your budget per day for lodging? I might go with Hotel Ladakh Greens. It is pretty nice for the cheap cost. But it might be more than you want, at about $40-50 a night. I think there are more local options at around $25, but I don't know of any off the top of my head. There will be much cheaper ones, but they might not meet your standards. The big thing is to know what you want to spend. It is always possible to approach a hotel and see if they can accommodate you for less. There is always room to negotiate.

Admin likes this.

3. Mani

Mani New Member

I am looking at a daily budget of around Rs700 per day, if it is really pushing it then Rs1000 per day.

The costs which you have given is that in US dollars or Canadian dollars?

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Here's a few hotels that I can recommend to you:
    • Atisha Guesthouse. This has good reviews, particularly about its cleanliness and huge space. The rooms cost from Rs 400 to 1,000, it depends on whether they're single or double bedrooms. There's also bathrooms attached to each room.
    • Hotel Padmaling. Again, a well-reviewed hotel, with clean rooms and spacious as well. Each room has its own bathroom but there's no television. It costs Rs 700 to 1,000 for a double bedroom.
    • Hotel Khayul. Reviews are mixed for this one, but overall, it's a good budget hotel. Price ranges from Rs 500 to 600 and that's for a double bedroom already.
    • Ashoka Guest House. A very clean and maintained accommodation but the catch is, there's no food available here. It costs up to Rs 600 to 800 for a single bedroom.
    I hope this helps!

5. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury Member

I don't know about that, most budget hotels are kind of, well, lower quality since they are cheaper. You have to ask if the linens have been cleaned prior to you checking in, or did they just leave the last linens there from the last occupant. There's also lesser security since you asked for budget rooms, and in my experience, there's also more trouble than it is worth. With hotels, I firmly believe if you pay well, you will get treated well.