1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a Motorbike in India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Shameer, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Shameer

Shameer New Member

I will be staying in India for one whole month, and I am quite keen on going to places on a motorbike. Relatives have a bike at home but it is often being used, and I have thought that getting my motorbike would be better.
    I need some guidance on buying a motorbike in India, some idea of the costs and the kind of bike I should get would be good.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Motorbikes are the main means of transportation for most people in India. Here's a list of the best bikes to buy and how much they cost:

• The Bajaj CT 100. An affordable motorcycle with a four stroke and 99.27 cc engine. It is one of the best selling motorcycle models in India. It retails for a very affordable price of Rs 35,000.
    • The Honda Dream Neo. This one is powered by a 110 cc engine and has a ground clearance of 179 mm. It is popular for its claim that it can offer the most comfortable ride you can ever have in a motorcycle. It retails for Rs 43,000 and above.
    • The TVS Sport. With a 7.37 bhp and a 99.7 cc engine, the TVS Sport is one powerful but affordable model. It retails for Rs 37,000 and above, depending on the dealer.
    • The Hero HF Deluxe. It has a 97.2 cc engine with 8.36 bhp. It comes with a price of Rs 40,000 and above, depending on the dealer.
    I hope this helps!