1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chennai To Bangalore Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CathyMitchell, Apr 5, 2016.

1. CathyMitchell

CathyMitchell New Member

Back again with another train query! Sorry for all these queries, but I think that if I ask on the forum, then I would get more reliable answers and honest reviews.
    From my Chennai stay I have another destination to choose from which is Bangalore, again I have similar questions, so here they are:

1. How long does a train journey from Chennai to Bangalore take?

2. What trains are there which go from Chennai to Bangalore?

3. How should I plan my journey from Chennai as I have three destinations to go to afterwards which are Bangalore, Goa and Hyderabad?

4. I need to meet someone in Bangalore other than that I have no business there, is there anything special to see there, as I know Bangalore as is an IT city?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

The trip should be about 5 hours. There are various ticket classes available, including first class. First class should be about Rs 1000, and the cheaper tickets maybe close to 150, but I would recommend paying more than that for the ticket. There should be a dining car where you can buy food.

For planning, you should try to pinpoint a few of the sites you would like to see, in case that has impact on your travel plans. Bangalore has a lot to see, too, and it depends on how much free time you have to look around. Also, if you have a ride to some of the sites, it will make travel a lot easier.