1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa To Bangalore Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Talking Monkey, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Talking Monkey

Talking Monkey New Member

I am going to Goa for holidays soon and then on to Bangalore for a couple of days to spend time with my friends that work there. I will be flying to Goa and then back from there but not sure how I would manage the Bangalore trip in between. Are there any trains between Goa and Bangalore that I can take and how long does it take?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are plenty of trains from Goa to Bangalore but for a distance that is less than 600Kms, most trains take way more then 12 hours and that in my view is just too slow. I am pretty sure there are Volvo buses plying between Goa and Bangalore that would take 9-10 hours or even less depending on the roads and traffic condition of course.

You could also get a flight to Bangalore airport from Goa which would cost a little extra but will save you two days or at least a day and a half that you could spend on your holiday instead of listening to... Chai... chai garam... chai... Hot soupppp... tasty tasty LOL I hate those guys who sell stuff in trains.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I would go by train. there are some cheap options. But also check out domestic air fares. They can also be cheap, and will be very quick. You will have to weigh your options and see which is a better fit for your needs.

4. rajesh

rajesh Member

Flight is the best alternative to trains but they cost a bit more and as you are asking for trains, I am providing you the info of trains -

The distance between Goa and Bangalore is almost 560km by train. There are many trains running between both the stations:

Velankanni Exp
    Vasco Da Gama Velankanni Express
    Vasco Da Gama Chennai Expres
    Vasco Da Gama Yesvantpur Biweekly Express
    Vsg Sbc Link Ex (This is the only train that runs every day in a week)

There are 3 'direct' Trains from Goa to Bangalore

Vlkn Vsg Exp
    Mas Vasco Exp
    Ypr Vasco Exp

No matter which train you choose, the minimum time to travel from Goa to Bangalore by train will be at least 13hours.