1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chennai To Goa Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by CathyMitchell, Apr 4, 2016.

1. CathyMitchell

CathyMitchell New Member

Hi my name is Cathy and I will soon be traveling in India, and my journey is going to start from Chennai. I will be in Chennai exploring the ancient temples and spend at least half a day at Elliot's beach. I was thinking of making my next destination Goa, as it would be a different location all together, something from very traditional to very modern, if I am not wrong!
    Although it is not important but if I choose my next destination as Goa then I would be able to catch up with a few friends there as well.

1. I need to know how long it would take to travel from Chennai to Goa by train?

2. What would be the cost for a flight from Chennai to Goa?

3. What would be the cost for a train journey from Chennai to Goa?

4. How much of a culture difference is there in Goa as compared to Chennai?

5. Is it a good decision to go to Goa after staying in Chennai?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I can't speak to current prices, especially as they will vary greatly based upon the ticket class and speed of travel you decide to purchase. Both fast and slow trains exist, with slower lines taking days longer to get to certain destinations. But I can speak about the difference in culture. Goa has much more of a tourist feel, since it attracts people from all over who are interested in the beaches and nature. Chennai is more or less a typical Indian city, even more industrial than most. So, it is the difference between regular life and beaches and international cuisine restaurants. Also, Goa was influenced by the Portuguese, and created a hybrid culture. They have an important Mardi Gras and their own seafood based recipes.