1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas In Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Neve, Jan 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Neve

Neve New Member

I know that it is really too early to think about this, but I am planning to visit Goa during Christmas this year. What is it like there during that time of year?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

A large percentage of local Goan population is Christian and majority of foreign tourists that visit Goa are also Christians. December is peak tourist season and Christmas is big in Goa so be assured you will have a lovely Christmas at Goa but there isn't gonna be any snow there so no white Christmas unfortunately but the sun shine and sand will more than makeup for it in my opinion.

Hope this helps.

briannagodess likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Neve!

Many tourists flock to Goa during December to escape the cold from other cities. During this season, Goa becomes alive because of the many activities and festivities in the region. Here's a few of them you might enjoy if you go and visit Goa during Christmas season:

• Attend a midnight mass or visit beautifully decorated churches. Goa is the home to about 400 churches and it's not rare to attend a mass during Christmas eve here. There's the Basilica of the Born Jesus and the Immaculate Concepcion Church, they are great options if you do decide to attend a mass during Christmas eve in Goa. If you don't want to attend mass though, you can still enjoy the beautiful decorations that each church puts up during Christmas season. The Se Cathedral and the Church of St. Francis of Assisi are great examples of this.
    • Restaurants offer Christmas meals and packages. They don't cost as much either and they're perfect for big families or a group of friends, even a couple.
    • Enjoy the Sunburn Festival just after Christmas. This is Asia's biggest dance and electronic party which happens in Goa. It specifically happens during the last three days of of the last week of December.
    • New Year's Eve parties at clubs and bars are phenomenal in Goa. Try out the Silent Noise Parties in Palolem Beach.
    • Fireworks during Christmas and New Year's Eve. Baga and Calangute Beach are popular beaches for fireworks watching.
    I hope this helps!